Adapted by newyou.com
This recipe is kinda bit difficult to do. I have to do this several times because I’m not satisfied of the taste. My sister told me that she will never eat my salmon belly sour soup ’cause she finds it poisonous! (not that good). So after so many trial-and-error thing, tada! oh wait, I put lemon grass and white radish also.I hope i give justice to this recipe (it’s not really necessary) Enjoy!
- 400 Grams Salmon Belly
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 6 Medium Tomatoes, Diced
- 1/2 Head of Garlic, Minced
- 1 Bunch of Kangkong
- 2 Green Chili Peppers
- Sinigang Mix (Add according to your taste preference. The tomatoes help add sourness to the dish.)
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- Salt to Taste
- Wash and drain the salmon belly.
- Heat the Canola oil in a big casserole. Saute the garlic. Add onions, chili pepper and tomatoes. Stir until onions are transparent and tomatoes can be crushed by your ladle.
- Add 1 liter of water. Add salt to taste. Bring to a boil.
- Pour in the sinigang mix according to your preference. Take note that the tomatoes already add a sour kick to the dish.
- Add the Salmon Belly and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add the kangkong. Simmer for 3 minutes then remove from heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.